I was born and raised in Normandy, France and today share my time between Harvard, MA, Harpswell, ME and France. I began painting over 30 years ago, first in watercolor and thereafter in pastels and oils, which have become my two media of choice for both studio and plein air painting. After a career in high technology as Globalization Project Manager, I left corporate life to dedicate myself to painting. Though mostly self-taught, I have studied with highly accomplished artists such as Frank Federico, Liz Haywood Sullivan, Aline Ordman, Chris Ivers, Barbara Jaenicke, Carol Marine and Colin Page to name a few.
The landscapes, flora and architecture of my native France and adopted New England home provide endless inspiration and opportunities to capture a subject and moment: individual natural elements, plants, and vignettes of daily life.
My work has been accepted in Members and National Juried shows of the Pastel Society of New Hampshire, the Connecticut Pastel Society, the Concord Art Association, the Artist Cottage and Studio, KIMSLET Foundation in Cousins Island, ME, River Arts in Damariscotta, ME and the Parish Center for the Arts in Westford, MA.
In 2015, I was selected as one of the 80 Dusty Fingers artists in the Artists in Residence Program (AIR) at the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA.
Juried Shows/ Exhibits
- Connecticut Pastel Society, Members show, 2019. CPS Honorable Mention Award.
- Pastel Society of New Hampshire, National Juried Show – Portsmouth, NH, 2018. Unison Award.
- Connecticut Pastel Society, Members show, 2018. Honor Award of Excellence.
- Yarmouth Gallery, “Rise and Fall of Light”, June 3- September, 2017
- Wild Salamander Creative Arts Center, “Nature Delights”, June 2-24, 2017
- Connecticut Pastel Society, Members show, 2017. Honorable Mention Award.
- 80 Dusty Fingers, Gallery Exhibit, Fruitlands Museum, Harvard, MA April-October 2015
- Artist in Residence, Fruitlands Museum, Harvard, MA April-October 2015
- Connecticut Pastel Society, Members show, 2015. Recipient of the Diane Townsend Award.
- Parish Center for the Arts, Westford, MA, 2015
- Concord Art Association – Members Juried 1 Show, Concord, MA – 2015. Juror: Mary Tinti, Juror and Curator, Fitchburg Art Museum
- Pastel Society of New Hampshire, Members show, 2014. Recipient of the Chardon Award.
- Pastel Society of New Hampshire, National Juried Show – Portsmouth, NH, 2014. Juror: Frank Federico
- Artist Cottage/KISMET Foundation, Yarmouth, ME – “A Summer in Maine” exhibition, 2014. Jurors: Wes LaFountain, Elizabeth Newman of Yarmouth Frame and Gallery and Tamson Hamrock, founder of the KISMET Foundation and The Artist Cottage
- Concord Art Association, Concord Massachusetts, 2014. Juror: Lawrence Powers 2015
- Concord Art Association, Concord Massachusetts, 2015. Juror: Mary Tinti, Curator, Fitchburg Art Museum
- River Arts at the Coastal Maine Botanical Garden– Local Colors, 2012
- River Arts, Damariscotta, Maine. “Garden” juried exhibit, 2011. Juror: Colin Page
- Concord Art Association, Concord, Massachusetts. Frances Roddy competition, 2010. Juror: Victoria Munroe
- River Arts, Damariscotta, Maine. “Anything Goes” juried exhibit, 2010. Juror: Dozier Bell
- Concord Art Association, Concord, MA
- Pastel Society of New Hampshire
- Connecticut Pastel Society
- Pastel Society of Maine
- Central Mass Pastel Society
- Yarmouth Frame and Gallery, Yarmouth, ME
- Fruitlands Museum, Harvard, MA
- Gallery by NOA at the Groton Inn MA
- Sitka Gallery, Fitchburg, MA